Publications and Speeches by the NewWorld Team
The United States is experiencing a transformation in commitment toward a clean environment, created in part by historic changes in public attitudes, growing political will, and growing corporate commitment to combat environmental and energy issues. In this section, you can stay abreast of the sweeping public policy changes and related developments being made in energy efficiency, clean energy, water resources and reclamation, waste-to-value, and environmental services.
As markets, technologies and policies evolve, market segments will also evolve to create new investment opportunities.
On Matters That Matter
- The Rise of Environmental Business Markets
- The Rise of Environmental Infrastructure Markets
- NewWorld on The Pleasures and Perils of Private Company Investing
- Impact Investing: Trading Up, Not Trading Off
Other Publications and Interviews by the NewWorld Team
- Interview with Carter Bales, “Exclusive: NewWorld Capital targets up to $300m for second renewables fund,” Low Carbon Energy Investor, June 4, 2015. (Link to article. Registration required.)
- Carter Bales and Silda Wall Spitzer, “Environmental Opportunities An attractive sector for investment,” Clean Energy USA: Finance Guide 2015, Clean Energy Pipeline (June 2015).
- Carter F. Bales, “Focus on: Carter Bales,” Journal of Environmental Investing 5, no. 2 (2014), pp. 50-54.
- Carter F. Bales and Richard D. Duke, “Containing Climate Change: An Opportunity for U.S. Leadership,” Foreign Affairs 87 no. 5 (September/October 2008).
- Carter F. Bales and Richard D. Duke, A Strategy to Reduce U.S. Greenhouse Gas Emissions: A Message to the Nation, Paper Prepared for The American Response to Climate Change Conference, The Wild Center, Tupper Lake, New York, June 25-26, 2008.
- Carter F. Bales and Richard D. Duke, Promoting Economic Recovery through Climate Legislation, 2009.
- Carter F. Bales, “Countdown to Climate Disaster,” 2009.
- Jonathan Kahn, “Green Giant: Can Carter Bales Save the World?,” Dealmaker (March/April 2007), 108-114.
Speeches by the NewWorld Team
- Carter F. Bales, “Moving Toward a Clean Economy,” Address at the Clean Economy Network Annual Summit, Washington, DC, January 23, 2011.
- Carter F. Bales, “Averting Climate Disaster,” Address at the Imagine Solutions Conference, Naples, FL, February 23, 2010.
- Carter F. Bales, “Thoughts on Developing the Smart Grid, Address at the GridWise Alliance Annual Membership Meeting, December 6, 2010.