NewWorld Strategic Advisory Council
The purpose of the Strategic Advisory Council is to provide advice and assistance to NewWorld in its investing and business-building activities:
- Economic macro-forces, such as shifting product buying dynamics by businesses, opportunities in energy efficiency (without additional regulatory incentives), cost-reduction plays in energy provision, competitive entrance into the U.S. market by Asian companies, growth of green consumer markets.
- Regulatory realities and outlook at the federal, state and local levels - e.g., appliance incentives (business and consumer), local and state building codes, state-level utility de-coupling to promote energy efficiency, energy labeling and certification, EPA performance and reporting standards, possible future producer-responsibility laws.
- Business segment knowledge and access - e.g., smart grid development, industrial wastewater reclamation and reuse, capturing value from waste, growth and development of environmental services. Included are market growth dynamics, product substitution dynamics, buyer incentives and behavior, and related issues that influence growth, operating margins, capital requirements, and competitiveness.
- Surmounting business-scaling challenges - e.g., building sales and marketing capability, creating and managing key account programs, managing distribution channels, rapidly expanding production and distribution capacity, entering overseas markets.
- Threats from off-shore technology, product development, and business strategies - e.g., business incursions from Asia (China, Taiwan, South Korea) and other international competitors.
Members of the NewWorld Strategic Advisory Council
|Former Director of Long-Term Planning and Sustainability for the City of New York; staff to the C-40; directs Bloomberg Foundation’s environmental investments; past member of NY MTA Blue Ribbon Panel on Sustainability|
|Former Commissioner of Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC); co-founder of ESPY Energy Consulting; member of Board of Directors of Comverge|
|Managing Director of Hua Feng Capital and Chrysalix Clean Energy Capital (China)|
|Chairman of SuperWater Solutions, Inc., Galactic Energy, LLC, and Semaco Pharmaceuticals, Inc.; Founder and former President, Environmental Research and Technology, Inc.; former CEO of PictureTel; Life Member of the MIT Corporation|
|Former Director of the Climate and Air Program for the Environmental Defense Fund; past Executive Director of the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey; past Director of the Budget for the State of New York|
|Chairman and CEO of American Refining Group, ARG Resources, and American Refining and Biochemical, Inc.; Founder of a number of businesses in the wind development and operations, wind technology and wind services markets; Founder of Halloran Philanthropies.|
|President & CEO of Energy Global; past senior positions at Peabody Energy, FE Clean Energy; Director of Ameren Corporation and Atlas Pipeline Partners; past Deputy Chairman of the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis|
|Senior Fellow for energy and the environment at the Council on Foreign Relations; directs research and policy analysis on energy and climate change|
|Founder and Trustee of the Linden Trust for Conservation; past chair of Resources for the Future; former General Partner at Goldman Sachs|
|Professor of Chemical & Biological Engineering at Princeton University; Deputy Director of the Andlinger Center for Energy and the Environment; Fellow of the American Physical Society; Young Global Leader of the World Economic Forum; past Fellow at NewWorld Capital Group|
|CEO of Ambienta Sgr, a leading European-based private equity firm following a parallel strategy to NewWorld’s; Chairman of Ambienta’s investment committee|